Arts Award is a great way for children and young people to be inspired by and enjoy the arts. It is offered at five levels, four accredited and one introductory award – Discover, Explore, Bronze, Silver and Gold.
Arts Award has a framework for learning new skills and sharing them. It offers the opportunity to develop creativity and leadership skills and is a link between young people and creative arts professionals.
Open to anyone aged 7 to 25, Arts Award embraces all interests and backgrounds. Through working towards an award young people learn to work independently, helping them to prepare for further education and employment.
Arts Award motivates and celebrates young people’s artistic achievements. Young people can achieve an award through any arts, media or cultural activity, developing knowledge and understanding their chosen art forms.
Arts Award is managed by Trinity College London in association with Arts Council England working with 10 regional bridge organisations. The Creative Foundation is part of this network.
About Arts Award Supporter
The Creative Foundation is an Arts Award Supporter. We can offer activities for children and young people who are working towards their Arts Award.
Arts Award is a nationally recognised qualification for children and young people aged 7 - 25 years old. Discover and Explore Arts Awards are specifically designed for primary school children. Arts Award can be delivered in a number of different ways: as part of the curriculum, as part of a lunchtime club or after school club or as part of a special arts week at your school.
Folkestone Book Festival:
- Find out about the artist (Discover and Explore) i.e. an author or illustrator
- Take part in a range of arts activities (Discover and Explore)
- Create a poem/story, book character, etc. (create for Explore)
- Attend the festival or an author/illustrator talk (research for Silver and Gold. Inspiration for Bronze and find out for Discover and Explore)
- Go to an arts event (Bronze, Silver and Gold) i.e.an artists’ talk and take part in discussions
- Attend a workshop (contributes towards, Discover, Explore and Bronze) i.e. a reading or recital
- Share a review (Silver and Gold), i.e. testimonials or feedback
- Internships/volunteers (Silver and Gold arts research) i.e. you can volunteer and help at the festival as an usher
The Creative Foundation is proud to be working in partnership with schools and settings on their Artsmark Award journey. By supporting Artsmark settings, we’re helping put the arts at the heart of education, inspiring young people to create, experience and participate in high quality arts and culture.
Find out more about Artsmark at www.artsmark.org.uk
To find out how the Creative Foundation can support your Artsmark journey, contact Tania McCormack by email at email@example.com or by calling 01303 769241.